Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 19

Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra

Having just returned from another wonderful evening enjoying the NY Philharmonic, I realized how lucky I am to be able to live in the NY/NJ area and be able to attend their concerts.  Not everyone lives close enough to a big city that has a major orchestra that they can enjoy.  But even where you may live near enough to a big city to enjoy your local orchestra, that's no guarantee your local orchestra will be playing.

With that thought in mind I decided to make today's donation to the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.  This orchestra had to cancel several of its concerts at the start of the season because it couldn't meet its obligations to its musicians.  That of course left the residents of Indiana without a place to enjoy amazing music.  I know how devastated I would be if that happened in NY.

1 comment: